- American Society for Information Science Since 1937, this has been the society for information professionals leading the search for new and better theories, techniques, and technologies to improve access to information.
- ASME The American Society of Mechanical Engineers International Vision Statememt: To be the premier organization for promoting the art, science and practice of mechanical engineering throughout the world.
- Association For Interactive Marketing Mission centers on these three important areas: defending the industry in Washington, promoting consumer confidence, providing business-to-business networking opportunities.
- British Computer Society The Chartered Engineering Institution for Information Systems Engineering
- Center for Professional Ethics Case Western University
- Center for the Study of Ethics of in the Profession (CSEP) Established in 1976 at the Illinois Institute of Technology for the purpose of promoting education and scholarship relating to the professions.
- Centre for Applied Ethics University of British Columbia These pages feature information about numerous sub-disciplines of Applied Ethics, including Health Care Ethics, Business Ethics, Professional Ethics, Environmental Ethics, Media Ethics, and Computer Ethics.
- Centre for Computing and Social Responsibility This centre's mission is to undertake research and provide teaching, consultancy and advice to individuals, communities, organisations and governments at local, national and international levels on the actual and potential impacts of computing and related technologies on society and its citizens.
- Computer Ethics Institute A 501(c)(3) research, education and policy study organization active at the interface of advances in information technologies, ethics and corporate and public policy.
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility A public-interest alliance of computer scientists and others concerned about the impact of computer technology on society. We work to influence decisions regarding the development and use of computers because those decisions have far-reaching consequences and reflect our basic values and priorities.
- Corporate Office of Ethics and Business Conduct Lockheed Martin created this center as tangible evidence of its commitment to an ethical work environment for all those to whom we have an obligation.
- Council For Ethics in Economics
- Cyberspace Policy Institute Established in October 1993 as a center for GW and the Washington area for the analysis of policy problems which have a significant technological component.
- Defense Industry Initiative On Business Ethics And Conduct DII is a consortium of U.S. defense industry contractors which subscribes to a set of principles for achieving high standards of business ethics and conduct.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation A non-profit organization working in the public interest to protect privacy, free expression, and democracy online.
- Electronic Privacy Information Center A public interest research center in Washington, D.C. It was established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging civil liberties issues and to protect privacy, the First Amendment, and constitutional values.
- Ethics Center for Engineering & Science The mission of the Ethics Center is to provide engineers, scientists, science and engineering students with resources useful for understanding and addressing ethically significant problems that arise in their work life.
- Ethics Resource Center A nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization visioning an ethical world through three distinct areas of expertise: Business/organizational ethics consulting; Character education; and, Ethics information clearinghouse.
- Ethics Updates Designed primarily to be used by ethics instructors and their students. It is intended to provide updates on current literature, both popular and professional, that relates to ethics.
- FASE (Forum for Advancing Software Engineering Education) Started in 1991 by members of the software engineering education community in order to have a electronic forum for the dissemination and discussion of events related to software engineering education.
- Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST) Brings together a variety of computer security incident response teams from government, commercial, and academic organizations.
- IEEE Ethics Committee The Ethics Committee advises the Board of Directors on ethics policy and concerns as well as fostering awareness on ethical issues and promoting ethical behavior amongst individuals and organizations working within the IEEE fields of interest.
- Institute for Business and Professional Ethics One of the first ethics-related resources to pioneer a hypertext linked ethics network throughout the Internet.
- Institute for Global Ethics An independent, nonprofit, nonsectarian, and nonpartisan organization dedicated to elevating public awareness and promoting the discussion of ethics in a global context.
- Markkula Center for Applied Ethics Located at Santa Clara University and established in 1986, the mission of the center is to heighten ethical awareness and improve ethical decision-making on campus and in the community at large.
- Murdough Center for Engineering Professionalism The primary goal of the Murdough Center is to increase the awareness of an engineer's professional and ethical responsibilities. (Located at Texas Tech University)
- Netcheck Commerce Bureau Established to promote ethical business practices worldwide and to increase consumer and corporate confidence in purchasing products and services on the Internet.
- NIEE Home Page The National Institute for Engineering Ethics was created by the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) in July 1988 and remained within NSPE until July 1996, at which time NIEE became an independent not-for-profit educational corporation.
- Poynter Center An endowed ethics research center at Indiana University-Bloomington.
- Research Center on Computing and Society Home page of the research center on computing and society at Southern Connecticut State University
- SIGCAS Brings together computer professionals, specialists in other fields, and the public at large to address concerns and raise awareness about the ethical and societal impact of computers.
- Social Issues of Computing Designed to serve as a single entry point into a set of resources dealing with social issues of computing, connecting some of the work of Rob Kling, at Indiana University - Bloomington, Tom Jewett, at C.S.U. Long Beach.
- UBC Centre for Applied Ethics Home Page of the University of British Columbia's Centre for Applied Ethics
- Web Clearinghouse for Engineering and Computing Ethics This site was created in conjunction with a paper presented at the 1996 Frontiers in Education Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, November 6-9, 1996 by Joseph R. Herkert, Division of Multidisciplinary Studies, North Carolina State University.
- Western Michigan University Ethics Center The purpose of WMU's Center for the Study of Ethics is to encourage and support research, teaching, and service to the university and community in areas of applied and professional ethics. These areas include, but are not restricted to: business, education, engineering, government, health and human services, law, media, medicine, science and technology.
General Ethics Information/Links: